Friday, 26 September 2014

Blight in the tomato bed.

When I came back to the garden today I noticed that the tomatoes all had blight.
Seems like a waste of time to grow these so will make sure they are grown as plants for the School Vegetable Shop so that they can be enjoyed by parents and children alike over the holidays in their own garden or grow bag.

The first group helped pull them out and bag them up for disposal and weeded the bed thoroughly.

The next group, after I distributed some fish, blood and bone in the beds and worked it in, marked out 3 rows in the rectangular bed and started planting up the strawberry runners taken out of the bed where we want to make our new bed, bed 4.
Watered in well.

I bought two nets of winter onions each with 50 sets.
One Radar and one Red Electric.

As we had some left, I have decided to plant these up with the next group of pupils.

Looking back on the bed, we had turned a blight ridden bed into a neat and tidy strawberry and onion bed. Can't wait until June to see the end results.

No comments:

Post a Comment