Thursday, 3 July 2014

Plans for next season

I have decided to make sure that whatever we do will fit into the Curriculum. The school garden is another way to put into practice what children have learned.

Steve told me that I would have 3 groups of children for 30 minutes each on Fridays. Their ages would range from 6,8 and 10 year olds.  I am sure I can do something lovely around this brief.

Each lesson we will do some
Observation skills (pre-cursor for Science)
What is the weather like?
What creatures have we come across today?
Where did they live, wet, dry, dark, light etc
Keeping the garden and class room tidy. What needs doing? Then do it.

Writing skills
Write your name on a sticker
Write labels,
Fill out the diary,

Reading skills
Read seed packets
Read instructions for the day

Math skills
Measure out the beds
measure how much space between rows and seeds
Understanding feet and centimetres.

Social Skills
Introducing themselves: Hand shake, eye contact, clear introduction: Hello, my name is......., nice to meet you.
Working systematically with the other gardeners.

Specific Gardening Skills

How to water plants
How to weed properly
How to sow
How to transplant
How to label up

No comments:

Post a Comment